- Strategy and Action Plan
- Common capabilities
Getting innovation into Government ICT
Open Door to Innovation Pilot Scheme - Results of Submissions Outcome
The Open Door to Innovation initiative began new conversations with suppliers on the "Future of Government ICT", seeking proposals from companies with a proven and developed product or service. It was a one-year pilot project, which ended in September 2012.
Representatives from DIA and other government agencies evaluated 95 submissions 47 of which went on for consideration by government agencies as potential solutions for their business problems. Most of these are part of further discussion and consideration in these government agencies and 2 have already resulted in a government procurement process.
A document containing a short description of each of the 47 proposals, including references and vendor contact details, can be found at ODI Submissions - details of successful entries below.
The ODI pilot provided a variety of benefits based on feedback from the various stakeholders, both suppliers and government agencies:
- Exposed new ICT capability to potentially address business problems for government agencies.
- Was a dedicated and secure way for small- to medium-sized ICT companies to engage with government agencies about their business needs. These smaller companies benefitted from facilitated access that traditionally would be difficult to achieve for such organisations.
- Provided on-going engagement for vendors with relevant government agencies, forums and working groups.
- Unique opportunity for vendors with complementary technologies and services to collaborate
- Highlighted potential gaps (both outcomes and possible solutions) in the Government ICT Roadmap.
Following a review of the ODI pilot DIA is considering an enhanced Innovation Management process to further improve outcomes of this type of collaboration between government and the ICT supplier community.
Please note: Any procurement of the products and/or services listed is subject to the usual Government Procurement rules and guidelines as mandated by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. The Department of Internal Affairs has not tacitly or otherwise endorsed any products or services.
For further information on Open Door to Innovation please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
List of Companies whose Submissions to the ODI Scheme were taken forward as potential business solutions within NZ Government