- Directions and priorities
- Access to government services
- Access to government data
- Services to government employees
- Aligning agency applications
- Standardising enterprise applications
- Defining and reusing authoritative data
- Integrating workflow across government
- Unifying communications and networking
- Securing government information
- Aligning management of commodity software
- Building operational foundations
- Roadmap Overview Key
- Common capabilities
- COE Reference Architecture
- Benefits Realisation
- Checklist for agencies
- Enterprise Architecture
- Communication technologies
- Information and data
- Procurement and ICT contracts
- Trust and security
- Standards / compliance
- Agency Guides
- Government Cloud Business Case 2011 FAQs
- Pre-2009 research
- Previous e-Government Strategy 2006
- The GCIO
New Zealand Government Open Access and Licensing (NZGOAL) framework
The New Zealand Government Open Access and Licensing framework (NZGOAL), approved by Cabinet on 5 July 2010, is government guidance for agencies to follow when releasing copyright works and non-copyright material for re-use by others.
The release of NZGOAL was announced by the Minister of State Services on 6 August 2010. NZGOAL applies to State Services agencies. A full list of State Services agencies can be found on the State Services Commission’s website
NZGOAL seeks to standardise the licensing of government copyright works for re-use using Creative Commons New Zealand law licences and recommends the use of ‘no-known rights’ statements for non-copyright material.
Creative Commons licences are freely available copyright licences that enable the sharing of copyright works for re-use in a standardised way and in forms that are human, machine and lawyer readable. It is widely recognised that re-use of this material by both individuals and organisations may have significant creative and economic benefit for New Zealand.
- Download a PDF of NZGOAL. Please note that the PDF format is the authoritative version
- Read NZGOAL online
- Download the .doc version of NZGOAL
- Download the Cabinet Minute (CAB Min (10) 24/5A), the Cabinet Paper, and the letter from the State Services Commissioner to Public Service department Chief Executives alerting them to the release of NZGOAL.
For further information please email NZGoal@dia.govt.nz.